Research & Development of products is a significant part of everyday job in Mappi. Every engineer is focused on using modern technology to produce more and better quality glass at competitive costs, with significant savings in time, energy and resources.
All of this is supported by the use of devices and materials of absolute excellence.
Here you will find the main innovations summarized, referring to the heating chamber, the cooling section, and the other functional areas.
GHBS | Xtreme profile convection
A furnace for tempering produce heat, but this is nothing if it is not accompanied by the skill to manage in the best way both the heat and the air flows on the glass: this determines glass functional qualities, consumption and productivity of the system.
The GHBS Xtreme Profile Convection System is the result of the recent developments of the convection technology designed and patented by Mappi; it greatly enhances the performance of Mappi furnaces in terms of quality of the tempered product and increased production.
mhs | MULTIZONE HEATING SYSTEM
Automatically manages the temperature of the furnace through a network of electronically controlled sensors. This allows the temperatures to remain constant and focused only in areas where there is the presence of glass.
- Energy efficiency mhs operate through intelligent ihs system Finely controlled heating zones insure thermal and energy efficiency
- Every heating element is equipped with an independently managed thermocouple
- Wire heating resistence made with special alloy, that is weldable
- Heating zones ‘movable’ (because they are interchangeable) in case of emergency
IHS | INTELLIGENT HEATING SYSTEM
Power management of heating elements depends on the position of glass sheets. The internal temperature of the furnace is controlled with an accuracy of +/- 1°C: this prevents overheating of the ceramic rollers and avoids downtime for the adaptation of the furnace temperature.
ATI | ACTIVE THERMAL INSULATION
The ATI fully reduces thermal dispersion, a success due to continuous research in the best performing materials for thermal insulation, in collaboration with the most prestigious research centers in Europe and with Knauf and Morgan.
EC | Chamber extraction
Extraction of the heating chamber represents an unique feature of Mappi technology. No need of roller removal to have access to the lower hetaing Elements.
AC | advanced cooling
A new design of the quench/cooling nozzle and a new working angle emphasize the already very low glass anisotropy and iridescence.
A redesigned air compression grid will optimize the quench effect.
- Pass trough temper
- Automatic thickness adjustment
ESS | ENERGY SAVING SYSTEM
Heating and forced ventilation stages are coordinated and managed by a computerized system optimizing the consumption and allows to significantly reduce the peak of installed power required by the entire system and self balancing between heating and quench area to minimize overall peak.
- Management Software self developed.
- Self-optimizing heating system with the presence of the glass sheet.
- Manage each thermal zone individually trough PLC supplied by a static relay.
SYNCRO | trasmission technology
- The ceramic rollers are driven accurately to within 1/1000 mm by DC drive motor with a friction transmission between iron/rubber (avoids slack time gaps, gear lash, with resulting risks of marks on the glass). This eliminates the need for SO2.
Roller drives are controlled by brushless motors to insure accurate roller position and speed.
- To avoid distortions and damage to the surface of the glass the speed of oscillation of the ceramic rolls is managed automatically.
- Full ceramic rolls, easily replaced.
ITS | Integrated touch system
The system monitors in real time the parameters of the tempering process, it immediately prints the compliance report for CE and ANSI glass standards, and automatically stores this information for each production cycle.